Thanks to everyone that attended the 3rd annual Board Leadership Lethbridge! Board Leadership Lethbridge 2020 is scheduled for April 25th. Stay tuned for details.
What is Board Leadership Lethbridge?
Board Leadership Lethbridge is a one-day training event for Board members (and potential Board members) to participate in engaging and informative workshops on topics related to board governance.
What will you learn at Board Leadership Lethbridge?
Here are the sessions that will be offered at Board Leadership Lethbridge 2019:
- Governance Basics
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Responsibilities of Boards
- Fail Safe/Fail Forward
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Bylaws, Policies and Procedures
- Succession Planning
- Audit Committees
- Board timeline and Relationship Inventory
- Team Building and Conflict Resolution
- Liability and Risk Management
- Operational Planning
- Effective Budgeting
- Grant and Proposal Writing
- Effective Meetings
- AGMs and Special Meetings
- Sponsorships and Donations
- Effective Organizational Learning and Development
- Creating and Managing an Online Presence
Who is Board Leadership Lethbridge?
Board Leadership Lethbridge is a collaboration of community leaders working together to provide access to training opportunities for Board members of non-profit organizations. Our committee representatives include various non-profit organizations, Boards, community networks, service groups, and government entities. Partner Organizations include:
- Alberta Culture, Multiculturalism, and Status of Women
- City of Lethbridge
- Lethbridge College
- Lethbridge Sport Council
- Volunteer Lethbridge
Why attend Board Leadership Lethbridge?
The purpose of Board Leadership Lethbridge is to provide a training and networking opportunity that will allow existing and new board members to:
- Take on their roles in the organization more confidently and efficiently
- Feel more connected to one another, their organization, and community
- Better understand what is expected of them as members and collectively as a board of directors
- Increase their knowledge on how boards function
- Feel more motivated to do their job and engage others to get involved
- Provide better direction, decision-making, guidance and leadership for their organizations and communities